Google
 

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Just Rambling 8/9/08

I have to ice my wrist for 15 minutes after doing my exercises, so I figured I'd type a few thoughts down. I'm hoping to go back to work next week. I talked to my boss and she said she might be able to find some work in the office for me to do. My wrist isn't strong enough to caregive, I still need too much help myself to be responsible for caring for another person.
.
I'm going to take a break from sewing today, I have new exercises and my wrist has really been hurting. I pledged some newborn and preemie loomed hats for the August project in the All_Crafts_for_Charity Yahoo Group. We're doing infant burial items this month. I didn't think I could do it. Just thinking about it made me cry, but it's getting easier and I know these are much needed items.
.
I really could use some help cutting things out, I've figured out a way to use the rotary cutter but it's really awkward and may be part of the reason my wrist hurts so much. I think I'm going to grab anyone who comes to the door and put them to work. I have a lot of fabric to cut up. I've been separating it into piles, a pile for green bags, another for hug pillows, quilt strings etc.
.
I'm still collecting 8" wool squares for Afghans 4 Afghans kids blankets. If you would like to donate a few the Details are here.
.
Well, the 15 minutes is up, I need to put my splint back on. Happy crafting and don't forget those less fortunate than you.

No comments: