Google
 

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Kids' Bumpy Hat


I've reworked this pattern to try to make the sizes more uniform. The changes didn't change how the hat looks. Sizes in parenthesis are for
(Infant, Toddler, Child)

Photo on right is courtesy of a reader who made this hat. (Thanks Karla)

Kid's Bumpy Cap

Booties to match


Using J hook Chain 4 and slip stitch in first chain.

Rd 1: ch 3 (counts as 1st dc) (13, 15, 17) dc for (14, 16, 18 dc in ring) join to chain 3

Rd 2: Ch 3 dc in same stitch, 2 dc in each stitch join to chain 3 with sl st, (28, 32, 36) stitches

Rd 3: Ch 3 *2 dc in next stitch, dc in next stitch repeat from * to last stitch 2dc and join (42, 48, 54) stitches




Rd 4: Ch 1 and turn (this row is worked on wrong side) sc in same st as slip stitch, tr in next stitch, * sc in next stitch then tr in next. Repeat from * till end of row. Join with sl st to first sc

Rd 5: Ch 3 and turn (this row is worked on right side) dc in each st.

Repeat rds 4 and 5 (3, 4, 5) times

Next row, repeat row 4

Turn work to work on right side again. Ch 2, hdc in each stitch for next 3 rds. Finish off


8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a warm looking hat!! You did a good job with the pictures.

A Christian Mom said...

Thank you for another pattern! This was fun & easy!

Amanda @RusticRemnants said...

This hat is adorable. I can't wait to make one for my dd.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great pattern, I have made several of these hats in different sizes. I even made one for myself :)

Jan said...

I love the patterns, am kind of a beginner, have made 2 in the last week for my grandkids. Just wish the sweater pattern was for toddlers, and not just 0-3 months..If anyone can let me know how to make this bigger..thanks

Craftybegonia said...

Good job, Deb! It not only looks warm but it loos pretty as well! I like to make things that are lovely for people who are suffering to restore to them part of their human diginity. You've done that and it's lovely!

BizCrafter said...

Nice, my mom use to make these hats for my daughter. we still have a few. they of course don't fit anymore.lol but nice to keep as momentos.
Dee

April said...

Thank you for this pattern! I just whipped one up in royal purple for my two year old daughter. The toddler variation fit her perfectly.