Google
 

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Easy Crocheted Pony Bead Schrunchie Free Pattern

I had a Fairy Godmother from Crochetville send me a package of yarn, chocolate and pony beads. I've been wanting to make some hair scrunchies with beads and this is what I've come up with.
You will need:
Hair elastic
Small amount light worsted weight yarn (I used Caron Simply Soft)
About 15 pony beads (I didn't use that many that's just to be on the safe side)
H hook
Thread the 15 beads onto the yarn
Attach the yarn to the hair elastic with a slip stitch ch1, sc onto elastic band, *ch 2, slide bead up next to hook and ch around it, ch1, 2 sc onto band, repeat from * until band is full, make sure it's completely covered but stretch the band to add more, end with* ch 2, slide bead up next to hook and ch around it, ch1* Join to first sc and end. Work in the ends and you're done.
I used 12 and 13 beads in the ones above, they were different size bands. How many beads you will use depends on the size of the elastic. It's better to have more beads ready then not enough.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

Great blog, found you through blogging group on Ravelry, just wish i could crochet as good as you.

MCW Beads & More said...

Great pony bead ideas.