Google
 

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fast and Easy Fun Fur Scarf (Crochet)

I hardly consider this a pattern but it's something really easy and fast to do. With winter coming, this is a great time to make a few of these and donate it to a local charity that serves teens and pre-teens. These scarves are fun and warm.

You will need:
2 balls fun fur (depending on how big you're going to make it you may need another ball)
1 skien matching worsted weight yarn (I tried a contrasting color and didn't like the effect)
N crochet hook

Using one strand of each yarn Ch between 12 and 15 ( this depends on how wide you want to make the scarf, you can make it wider or narrower but these sizes are what looks best to me), dc in third chain from hook and in each chain. *Ch 3 and turn dc in each stitch, continue from * until scarf is as long as you want it.

See?? told you it wasn't much of a pattern but with the fun fur you don't need any fancy stitches and this goes really fast.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
I think your blog is going to be very interesting and fun. I'll be coming back. And, also will try that scarf.
Bearbara

Carol & Christine said...

Hi Deb,

Your blog looks great! It's addictive so be careful! Cant wait to see what all you put on here!

Welcome to blogland!
Christine
Co-Owner~ Yarn Yoga

Crafting-for-Others said...

Your blog looks very interesting! Can't wait to see all the items that you are going to post! Thanks so much.
Pam S/Crafting for a Cause

Elizabeth said...

Hi,
I googled crochet and found your blog. I'm a noob at crocheting and knitting, but I think its fun. I've been wanting to make a scarf for one of my sister's as a Christmas gift. I think I'll try your fun fur scarf. You make it seem very easy! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I've made this scarf and it's fun and yes very easy. However, it would have been great (even though I already know what this type of scarf looks like) to have viewed an image. Just a suggestions. Take care!