Google
 

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Baby Pompadour Scrunchie Free Crochet Pattern


In an effort to use up the last bits of the Bernat Sweet Stripes yarn I thought I'd make some hair pretties. I searched for a pattern but didn't find anything suitable I liked. I sort of had an idea of how I wanted them to come out so I started to experiment and this is what I came up with. It can be made with worsted weight but of course it wouldn't be as light and lacy which was the effect I was trying for.
.
Hair Scrunchies
.
1 ouchless elastic hair band
Small amount of Pompadour sport weight yarn
.
Round 1: Join yarn to hair band with a slip stitch,* sc, ch 3 repeat from* around the band, cover the band completely without forcing it, join to first sc with a sl st.The amount of ruffling there is depends on how many stitches you use. If you want more ruffles try to get more stitches on the band.
.
Round 2: sl st into 1st chain 3 space ch 5 (counts as first dc and ch 2) dc into same ch 3 space, *dc into next ch 3 space, ch 2, dc into same space, repeat from * until the end sl st to join

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

would you mind if i made these and sold them

Unknown said...

This pattern is so easy and so cute. She is right about the type of yarn. I used a lightweight sport yarn, and it came out lacy and beautiful. I will definitely be using this pattern again!