Google
 

Friday, November 2, 2007

Manly Man Slippers Free Crochet Pattern



In my effort to use up all that brown yarn I decided to try to make some really warm slippers for the elders at Pine Ridge. This pattern uses three strands of worsted weight yarn and is very thick and warm. The pairs I made fit my volunteer model easily and he wears a size ten. I have a similar pattern for women here.

You will need:
N Hook
3 skeins worsted weight yarn in different colors I used 2 strand of brown or tan and a verigated strand in mine.

Toe and foot
With all three strands of yarn held together chain 4 and join
Rd 1 Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc) 7 dc in ring and join for 8 dc
Rd 2 ch 3, 2 dc in each stitch for 16 dc
Rd 3 ch 3, dc in each stitch
Repeat rd 3 -5 times (you could add or subtract a row here if you need to change the size)
Heel
Rd 1 Ch3, dc in 13 stitches leaving 3 stitches open
Rd 2 Ch 3 and turn, dc in each stitch
Rd 3 repeat rd 2
Turning the slipper inside out use a slip stitch to join the back of the heel. Slip stitch back up to top.
Cuff
Rd 1 Ch 3 work 7 dc evenly along one side, dc in each of 3 stitches left open when making heel, 6 dc evenly spaced along other side and join (18 stitches) (make sure your working on right side, I seem to have the tendancy to start working on the wrong side)
Rd 2 Ch 3 and dc in each stitch
You can repeat rd 2 again for a longer cuff

4 comments:

Marie said...

Deb--
These came out great and I whipped them up in no time. I used a boucle and two sport weight yarns for the three strands and it was perfect and so, so warm. My hubby loves them and now the boys want a pair, too.
My men always have cold feet...LOL!!
Thanks for yet another awesome and easy pattern.

Anonymous said...

Great pattern! My hubby had a stroke years ago & is always cold. I whipped these up so quick & easy for him. Adjusted slightly to fit him and they are perfect. I work with developmentally disabled, some with poor circulation. I will be making them these cosy slippers and adding nonskid fabric to the bottom.
Thank you so very much for sharing this pattern!
Dollye in WI

Frances said...

I am soooo happy that I came across your blog and this pattern. I have spent about $15.00 on useless patterns from etsy and countless hours trying to figure out how to make slippers for my hubby. With this pattern I can make them for any size. You are an answer to my prayers. =)

Rachel said...

I agree with Frances. I am so happy I found this. I have wasted so much time trying to figure out other patterns that were just too confusing. I made my 3 kids crochet Santa hats last year and I wanted to do slippers this year. Until now I didn't think I was going to be able to do them, but now I know I can. Thanks for sharing!