Google
 

Monday, April 28, 2008

Baby Bumpy Booties


These booties were designed to match the infants size of my Kid's Bumpy Hat. I have also made a matching sweater.
I used a J hook and a light worsted weight yarn to make the ones in the picture. They came out at about 3 3/4" long.
Directions:
Toe
Ch 3 at beginning of each rd counts as 1 dc
Ch 4 and sl st to form loop.
Rd 1 ch 3 and 13 dc in loop. (12 sts)
Rd 2, 3, 4: ch 3, dc in each dc

Heel
Row 1: ch 3, dc in all but the last 2 dc
Row 2 and 3: turn and dc in each dc and end leaving 6 in tail of yarn
Sew back of heel together by using the back loops only

Cuff
Join yarn at back where it was sewn together
Rd 1: ch 3, 7 dc evenly spaced down side, dc in each dc left open, 7 dc evenly spaced on other side and join
Rd 2: ch 3, dc in each dc
Rd 3: ch 3 and turn, working on wrong side, sc in same stitch as ch 1, *tr in next dc, sc in next dc* and join
Rd 4: turn to work on right side and dc in each stitch

Ties

Ch 70 and weave through 1st round of cuff tying in the front

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you say you used a light worsted weight yarn, what do you mean by this? Is that a light baby weight yarn like TLC baby?, or is it worsted weight, like red heart super saver yarn? Can you please post an answer on here? O love the pattern for all three items by the way.

Deb Upcycles said...

I think I meant that although it's rated at worsted weight it's not as thick as some are.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb:
I've finished the sweater and hat and now doing the booties. However, I'm confused about the heel. Rounds 2&3 have me stumped!
Do I turn the bootie for these rounds? Do you have any pics for the heel? How do I leave 6 DC's?
PLEASE, I'm almost there...HELP.
Eileen

Deb Upcycles said...

Yes you turn it at the end of each row. You do not leave 6 DC you leave a 6" tail of yarn to sew up the back of the heel. Hope this helps.

Suzetta said...

Is bootie worked on 14 sts? At the end of round 1 it says 12 sts, but instructions look like there are 14 sts.