Google
 

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Just Rambling 4/19/2008

I finally joined Ravelry.com and I have become obsessed. If you don't know what that is yet, it's sort of the myspace for knitters and crocheters. It's awesome, I spend so much time there, there's so much to see and patterns to search and people to meet! If you already belong my user name is debscrafts55.

I went to a local yarn store yesterday. I'm not ashamed to admit I buy most of my yarn at Walmart and thrift stores, the cheaper the yarn the more I can make for charity. But the yarns there were awesome, I wish I had more time to spend there. I wanted to buy some wool for hats to send over to Afghanistan. Acrylic doesn't work for this, the extreme cold makes the yarn brittle and it will break so it has to be wool. Bought some that was like a dark peach, very pretty.

I'm working on yet another finger puppet pattern, this one's a bug and I'll be posting it soon. I really like making them, they're a great small project and I can make several in just a little while.

I've also got a new preemie hat pattern that I may be posting later today or tomorrow. I made several yesterday for Cooper Hospital and they came out really cute.

No comments: