Google
 

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Project Linus


The first charity I made anything for and still my favorite is Project Linus. As I'm making each blanket I imagine a child reaching for it. Children in hospitals, scared and sick, happy to see the bright colors of my blankets. That may seem a little odd to some but that's what keeps me going. I'm also constantly thinking (and sometimes starting) the next blanket. Every color combo, every pattern I use inspires more ideas for more blankets. I will never be finished because I will always be planning the next one.

If you would like to help too, the rules are really simple. The blankets must be new, handmade and washable. They also ask that the colors be kid friendly. My favorite blankets to make are my rainbow blankets, sounds kind of fancy but they're just done in all the colors of the rainbow.

The national website can be found here, they have a listing of all the chapters across the country. Find the closest one to you and donate a blanket now!!!
The pattern for the granny square I used to make all these blankets can be found here.

2 comments:

Alipurr said...

they look so warm and cozy

Eva North said...

You may want to update the here for project Linus' site. I clicked on it and it told me I broke the internet...lol lol