Google
 

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Just Rambling 8/3/08

This post is a few days late. I started writing it, saved it, but when I went back to finish it Google had blocked my blog, they said it was a spam blog. Obviously, it was a glitch in the programming because quite a few blogs were blocked.
.
The hand is getting better but still has a long way to go. My son went home Thursday and I'm really missing him already. I can now sew a little bit as long as it's simple. I've been making hug pillows, which are small pillows for moms who have just had a C-section to hold against their stitches when they cough. These are going to Cooper Hospital in Camden, NJ. They have a great need there for infants clothing and blankets as well as these little pillows so if you would like to help you can join our Yahoo group Caring For Cooper.
.
I can use my sewing machine but I can't use my rotary cutter. I had my youngest, the one who was staying with me, cut out a bunch of pillows before he left. I"ve finished sewing all those up. My daughter and other son did a few more but not a lot. Neither of my boys live that close so they can't just pop over to help. My daughter's only down the street but with two kids she doesn't have a lot of time to come over and help and is also one of the least crafty person I know. Not quite sure how I got a daughter with no craft sense but I did. So I'm having a bit of trouble having enough to sew.
.
I've also been sewing some string quilt blocks but I can't trim them. It keeps me kind of busy though, and when I can use my rotary cutter again I'll have a lot of catching up to do.
.
Well, that's it for now, hope everyone has a great day crafting.

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

You are doing amazingly well to be sewing for others even with a broken wrist!! I made some of those pillows for Coopers (and a quilt too) when AC4C group had them as a project in the Spring. Keep up the good work :)