Google
 

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Back at 2008

It's been an interesting year. Even with breaking my wrist I was able to make over 800 items for charity. I will admit that some of the items were pretty small like granny's daughters and yo-yo's.but I also finished blankets, sweaters, hats, scarves and more.
.
I started off the year making lots of sweater sets for South Africa, more sweater sets and hats went to the Inuits in Canada. I sent more items to Pine Ridge Reservation and Cooper Hospital in Camden, NJ. I made squares for blankets and until I broke my wrist I was joining squares for my All_Crafts_4_Charity group.
.
As the year ended I was collecting hats and scarves to be sent to Kosovo. I have pictures of the children in their new winter wear here.
.
On a personal note, my older son graduated from college and starts his new job next month. My baby boy has another year to go. My grandsons are growing like weeds (I broke my wrist at the youngest ones eighth birthday party, those kids probably heard a few words they shouldn't have but I really can't remember, I was in a lot of pain). My daughter and son-in-law helped a lot during my convalescence as did my youngest. One of these days I'm going to get them all together for a family picture and I'll be sure to post it.
.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year!!

No comments: