Google
 

Monday, June 9, 2008

Charity Crafting Contest Winner

The winner of the last contest was once again chosen very scientifically. I called my daughter and since my grandsons are in summer school I let her choose a number between 1 and 12.
.
The winner is Trish and here is her entry:
.
I love to make quilts and give them to mothers who are expecting a baby and don't have anything special for their baby. Around this area we have lots of young ladies who find themselves pregnant and then their boyfriend takes off, leaving them to deal with the whole pregnancy alone. We also have a lot of people who don't really have enough money to pay their own bills and to try and supply the needs of an infant on top of it is really tough. My daughter knows a lot of people and is never past coming to me and saying, "Mom, someone needs a quilt for their baby...." I've gotten pretty good at putting together a basic baby quilt pretty quickly while making it attractive and unique. There's just something special about sharing the gift God gives you with someone in need. It puts things in perspective.
.
Trish if you can leave a comment with your email address (It won't be published). I will contact you for mailing info for your prize.
.
Since Trish is a quilter her prize will be fabric of course! I am going to fill a Flat Rate box with as much as I can shove in there!

No comments: